Sunday, October 2, 2011

Growing Sorrow

Easy to say forget, tell me about it!
I can't forget, see I can't forget
There is something here, inside of me, that overwhelms me
Here right over my heart
There is something stay nailed
It is beyond my control, I can't take it out
My eyes are getting lost, with looking fars
Whoever I see, it looks like you some
It makes me remind you, that cloud, that sky
That sea beats the rocks
That sad melody, that 'napoliten' song
That sometimes we used to listen together

I think of you always, without a stop, without getting tired
However, days are not those days
Nights are not those nights
And its your yearning that remains only in the nights
I grow you inside of me, with thinking and thinking
Growing sorrow with you
New and new grieves I grow, unbearable
Dirty waters are passing through my narrows
A poison is mixing into my blood, do you understand me?
One more time I see you, I wish, one more time
For one day, even for one minute
Easy to say forget, tell me about it

I cant hold my tears, while I remember
You, over my tongue
You, inside of my head
Are you destiny, cradle? Who are you?
I can't forget, see I can't forget

-translate from a Turkish poem "Unutamiyorum (I Can't Forget)" by Ümit Yaşar Oğuzcan-

............


My friend Lita said she hated to see me behave like this. She said 'it's not u, a person I always adore. Enough to mourn. You deserve better.' I know. I also hate the way I am. But it doesn't mean I didn't try. This is me. Writing. Recovering.

My sadness wasn't just because of one thing, but the accumulation of many things. Those made me arrive at the point of hating myself.

These people .... why do they always see me from a worldly point of view, from the standpoint that they want? Why do they never look deep into my heart, because that is where I really was?

I was supposed to be a stone
drowned in the pond
observe the world from darkness
between water, algae and plankton in the surface
Being stone
As simple as that

Thank you, Lita dear. Don't worry about me. I just need a little more time to convince myself that this wasn't my fault...


love,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic