Saturday, April 30, 2011

Will & Kate. Cinderella's Wedding

I was glued to the television from morning until night yesterday. It was the wedding of Prince William with Kate Middleton which is like a Cinderella story.
But unlike the fairy tale Cinderella in the story books, for some reason I have doubts with this wedding.

Okay, I'm not a fortune teller. I'm also not a shaman's daughter. But my feeling said so.

I love Kate's wedding dress that is not glamorous. I like her makeup that is not excessive. I like the ceremony that is down to earth and straightforward. I like the uniform selected by Prince William. It was the Irish guard uniform. And it marks the Prince William showed his appreciation in Ireland and tried to show that the British have not been ignoring the region. Ireland as we know is often hit by terror from the IRA organization that is not satisfied on the British government and wanted to secede.

In joking, I'm jealous with the couple! Hahaha ...
I had always loved Prince William. Because not like other European princes who keep their image from public, Prince William is being himself. He was caught on camera dancing like crazy with only wearing boxer shorts at a party.
He also joined Raleigh's famous expedition to extreme places. Together with his brother Harry, he founded a charity for abandoned children. And ... he eventually chose an ordinary girl as a wife.

Uh, but this is serious.
I can not stop my doubts that their marriage will experience a setback. Looks like there will be problems that arise because of Kate's family.
Kate might be able to adjust to the royal family. But what about her family?

See her mother Carole. I'm so sorry if I say that Kate's mother being plebeian. She chewed gum at the event's official parade of her candidates in-law, who attended the Queen of England! Imagine! The people defending it, saying that she was nervous. Whatever she's nervous, as a former flight attendant she should understand that it is a royal event.

she wore something blue, but too pale

Kate and Carole Middleton in the parade


See the clothes she wore during the royal wedding. People said she looked elegant and remarkable. But for me, the color she chose is too pale, her dress is too simple, her hat is commonly used by old women. Geez! I am dissapointed in her.

But ignoring my gut feeling, I pray for Will and Kate's happiness , however I am a big fan of Prince William... and now become Kate's fans.

I wish Kate will become a better princess than Lady Diana. I'm sure about it.

2 comments:

Gloria Putri said...

do the same with u.....
I pray for their happiness always...even I didn't watch the royal wedding :( I was at the office having "extra time work" :(

I can see Lady Di in Kate :) but wish she is better than Lady Di

Sassy Enno said...

hmm.... kayaknya Lady Di masih lebih anggun deh... haha..